HAAKE PolyLab OS
If comprehensive material characterization during the develop ment of innovative products is important to you, Thermo Scientific Solutions open new possibilities with the fl exible, open-concept HAAKE PolyLab™ OS rheometer platform.
The Thermo Scientifi c system provides you with process-relevant material data including:
- Melting behavior
- Infl uence of additives
- Temperature stability
- Shear stability
- Melt viscosity
Furthermore, this Thermo Scientifi c rheometer supports you in process modeling activites such as:
- Compounding polymers with additives to reduce fl ammability, viscosity, etc.
- Scale-up extrusion processes by using different L/D ratios to extrapolate to your master process line.
- Simulating master processes using only as little as 50 g of material to optimize extrusion or mixing in respect to temperature and shear profile.
- Extrusion of strands, profi les or fi lms in combination with rheological or optical measurements.
Consequently, you can optimize your process parameters, create test specimens or perform quality control on incoming and outgoing goods with regard to viscosity, dispersion or plasticizing behavior. With over 50 years of extensive experience in material characterization through our Thermo Scientifi c product lines, our professionals are available worldwide to support you in the effi cient development of your material and pilot processes. Powerful process engineering for efficient material and process development.
The basic unit of the Thermo Scientific HAAKE PolyLab OS system comprises all elements of a torque rheometer that are needed to drive the measuring system (precise speed controller) and to monitor the torque (accurate torque sensor) needed to process the test material.
System architecture on the basis of an open industry standard for fl exible connection of different sensors and systems
• Ease of operation
Fast and simple connection of measuring attachments without changing application and operating software
• Remote controller
Operate the system from a distance and observe the entire test from a different location
• Service & reliability
Reduce down-times with remote diagnostics and have the ability to change out components with precalibrated replacements
• Return on investment (ROI)
Time-saving instrument usage and meaningful results relative to the application increase product quality and reduce development time
The Thermo Scientifi c measuring systems can be connected quickly to the RheoDrive and are equipped with a specifi c measuring, control and evaluation technology for the particular application.
Movable measuring attachments facilitate:
- Handling of heavy and hot parts (mixers, extruders, dies)
- Integrated heating & cooling to reduce plug-in connectors and thus the risk of wrong connections
- Quick adaptation of the system to simulate new process designs
- True “plug & measure” concept through multifunctional coupling in mechanical and electrical respects with an automatic software recognition system
- Investment into the future – Open device concept ensures adaptability to future development needs
Thermo Scientifi c peripheral devices such as feeding systems, applicationspecific screws, mixer rotors or extruder downstream equipment combine different modules to a complete downsized production line for the testing or smallscale production of new materials:
- Extrudate cooling baths
- Take-off units
- Blown fi lm unit tower
- Inspection systems
- Melt pumps
- Capillary rheometers
Small laboratory mixers are traditionally used to mix and/or measure the viscosity of a 40-70 g mixture as a function of time and temperature with different shaped rotors. Typical examples are PVC dry blend mixing, PVC degradation test, rubber/carbon black mastifi cation, cross-linking of polymers, curing of resins, thermosetting properties.
Download PDF completo